• Posted by : Unknown Monday, December 21, 2015




    RATING
    Story : 4.1/5
    Character Development : 3.6/5
    Artwork : 4.8/5
    Technical : 4.5/5
    TOTAL : 17/20 (85%)


    COMMENTARY
    Story ~ First thing, WHAT!!! NOT EVEN A SINGLE KISS!!! WHY?! Yeah, I get he's suppose to be like a main enemy (clearly stated in Gentoka's route), but that would make all the story all the better! That was an immediate deduction the moment I read it. *spoiler* Yes, they do confess love/care for each other, but COME ONE SHALL WE DATE, THE ENEMY NEEDS A LITTLE MORE LOVE THAN THAT!!! This fact pissed me off to no end, like SERIOUSLY I CAN'T GET OVER IT! And I felt the story started off WAY too slow and at the end picked up too fast. *spoiler* It was like he hated her two chapters before then and then suddenly he's like OMG, MC, I CARE ABOUT YOU AND I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU (This is related to the story which I would like not to spoil too much)! While I read this, I was really worried how this would even turn out because of the slow relationship development between the MC and Aterui. Over all it would have been MUCH better if they balanced the pace of the story much more. But to be honest, it wasn't super bad if you can overlook those facts.

    Character Development ~ Stop. OMG stop. Really, did Aterui become bipolar near the end of the story? Someone just please explain why he suddenly was squishy and mushy towards the MC and super attached to her. I'm sure this pretty much sums up the idea why I gave character development 3.6. Because this seriously pissed me off to no end. I would have expected him to be a more forceful lover than a soft, "okay, I'll do whatever you feel comfortable with". COME ON! YOU COMPLETELY PORTRAYED HIM IN A DIFFERENT WAY IN SCARLET FATE! Oh and the reason why he *spoiler* kidnaps the MC was basically, "how did you make Gentoka act all kind?! What kind of witchery is this!? I will kidnap you and take you hostage until I can find out!"
    ...
    ......
    Please stop. I guess I was a little soft with this rating because I really like this character, well the idea of him anyway. If I were the writer of Aterui's story, I would seriously change how his character works throughout the story.

    Artwork ~ I loved the artwork, very nicely shaded, defining the crevices. But. Yes there is a but. (heh, butt xP. Okay that's first off super old and way too immature for my age by now. Whatever!) The nose... Oh my god the nose... Okay, I draw myself and I'm a super perfectionist at it. So while most people would be like, "that's super good!" I would probably point out a million flaws. I mean, all I would do if I were the artist, I would just make it less pointy and make the shading less sudden. There isn't much I would change. Most of the time I didn't even notice the nose, I wouldn't have pointed this out if I hadn't actually sat down to observe the art. So overall, it's super well drawn.

    Technical ~ Okay, there were barely any grammar mistakes, but, there was one scene where Aterui held his hand in a fist so hard he bled from the knuckles... ._. -_- (/_-). No, first off, his palm would start bleeding first because his nails would dig into his palm. And have you seen his nails!? Their flipping longer than most of the girls I know! Not to mention their sharpened to points too. I personally I didn't think it's possible to bleed from the knuckles from holding a fist so tight. Because- Okay I'm not going to go into a lecture about the human body so basically this is all I have to say about technicality.


    Conclusion
    In all honesty, if you seriously are interested in Aterui I recommend you go buy his story (4.99 USD). His story is surprisingly touching, I actually really liked it a lot. I just overlooked all the things that really ticked me off and I found it absolutely satisfactory. The only thing is I felt they should have written more for him. I felt those 10 chapters weren't enough for Aterui, I really hope they write some sequel or something extra for him. Maybe something with a bit more romance as the main story was completely lacking for any.

    So overall if you can overlook any of the things I said above that tick you off or if anything I said don't bother you then I recommend you get his story. I really enjoyed it, I couldn't stop reading really, I mean, I really like the more forceful and sadistic characters from Otome games. So this story constantly kept me on my heels. The kind of lover Aterui turned out to be sorta was a disappointment from similar characters I've read before. But yet again, overall I recommend you get his story if you can overlook or don't care for what I said above. So yes, if you've been hesitant to get his story and you can do as I said above, go for it.

    Written by: dOOmED

    Leave a Reply

    Welcome to our blog and thank you for reading our review! Have you read his story yet? If you have, let us know what you think in the comments! We'll have more reviews coming up, so stay tuned~

    Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

  • Copyright © - ~Otome Escape~

    ~Otome Escape~ - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan